MISSION & VISION
Vision of Institute
Pravara Institute of Research and Education in Natural and Social Sciences (PIRENS) is established in the year 1983 as a Non Government Organization (NGO) with a mission, conceived by the eminent visionary Hon. Shri. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil for rural development and planning for an evolving innovative rural development model.
The Institute is registered under Bombay public trust Act-1950 and Society Registration Act of 1860. The institute functions as a major research center and change agent in different areas of rural development at the grass root level, with a focus on weaker section of the society, particularly in the area of agriculture economics as well as organization, implementation and management of different projects.
“To provide affordable and quality education to develop potential of students to its fullest extent.”
“To undertake Fundamental, applied and Adaptive Research in Rural Development.”
Rural Development Cell & Projects
Various Activities Undertaken By PIRENS Since Inception Includes Anganwadi Workers Training Center (AWTC), Self Employment Generation Activities, Entrepreneurship Development, Watershed Development And Water Conservation Projects, Women Empowerment Programme, Awareness Generation Program And Many More. PIRENS Has Organized Various Seminars And Workshops On Rural Development, Women Empowerment Etc.
- To promote educational activities particularly to the rural people.
- To undertake activities relating to irrigation, provision for safe drinking water supply, preservation ecology and environment.
- To undertake activities relating to development of Socio-Cultural and economic life of the people.
- To undertake research and development programs for the betterment of infrastructure facilities.
- To promote better health, Mother and childcare and nutrition.
- To help weaker sections in the society.
- To undertake evaluation studies on the impact of development efforts on agriculture and its allied sectors affecting the rural economy and rural life.